State Legislative Priorities
1. Equity Funding
Ensure equity by recognizing that there is a funding gap in higher education between Missouri’s 2-year and 4-year sectors.
2. Performance Funding
Provide adequate funding to support all public colleges and universities.
3. A+ Scholarship Program
Keep Missouri’s A+ promise by fully-funding the A+ Scholarship Program for all eligible students that have earned it.
4. Workforce Development
Help Missouri compete for job creation projects by supporting workforce training.
Protect the retirement our educators have earned and help us attract new talent by maintaining the integrity of the PSRS/PEERS system.
Federal Legislative Priorities
The Missouri Community College Association respectfully asks our federal lawmakers to support the legislative agenda of the Association of Community College Trustees and the American Association of Community Colleges, with particular emphasis on these priorities
Federal Pell Grants
- Preserve the Federal Pell Grant program as the foundation of federal student aid for millions of needy college students.
- Provide annual increases to the maximum Pell Grant.
- Reinstate the year-round Pell Grant.
- Increase lifetime Pell Grant eligibility to 14 semesters (full-time equivalent).
- Restore full eligibility for “Ability-to-Benefit” community college students.
Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Act (CTE) Reauthorization
- Increase the quality of funded programs by establishing more rigorous requirements that CTE programs be aligned with industry needs, highly coordinated between the secondary and postsecondary levels, and prepare students for occupations in high-wage, highdem and occupations.
- Establish consistent definitions and accountability metrics to enable a clearer picture of the performance of CTE at the national and state levels.
- Update the act to better support student success by including dual enrollment, work experiences, integrated delivery of basic skills, and stackable postsecondary credentials.
- Increase funding for CTE state grants.